Seconds Count … Whether you need routine care or lifesaving medicine, the Emergency Team is here for you.
The Emergency Department features dedicated areas for trauma and chest pain as well as isolation rooms. ELIH provides adult and pediatric emergency care.
- 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
- Accessible by Land, Sea, and Air
- Heliport and Emergency Dock
- Expert Patient-Focused Care
- Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified Nurses
- Credentialed Team -- Exceeding New York State Standards
Emergency medicine is a branch of medicine that recognizes, stabilizes and treats emergency medical conditions. The emergency physician requires a broad field of knowledge and advanced procedural skills often including surgical procedures, trauma resuscitation, advanced cardiac life support and advanced airway management.
Lawrence R. Schiff, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, Director Emergency Department
Diplomate, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine